Monday, May 28, 2007

Voxtrot - Voxtrot

$14.98 (list price), Rock, Play Louder

Basic Story: Riding high on the success and acclaim of 3 strong EP’s released over the past two years, Voxtrot finally deliver their highly anticipated debut.

Sample: “Cheer me up/ cheer me up/ I’m invisibly stuck all in myself/ Yes, I'm a vanity whore.”

Verdict: With the release of such solid EP’s, it’s easy to see why so much hype built around this young Austin, Texas band. Of course we all know that with hype comes backlash, and Voxtrot have had their share. Unfortunately for the band, their self-titled debut won’t make things any easier. Voxtrot seems to have toned down everything that made their first releases so good, replacing it with mediocre melodies and predictable chord progressions. While at first it was a relief to see that this album would feature all new material, it is now so sad to see what was, and what could have been.

No comments: